Mattison 400S Vertical Spindle Recriprocating Table Grinder
- Built by Mattison Machine Works in Rockford, IL in 1980
- Sold to Niagara Shear Company of Niagara, NY who exclusively used it until they closed in 2002
- Sold at auction and kept in a warehouse until Kinetic purchased it in 2008 and completed its rebuilding it in February of 2009
- Weight approximately 100,000
- Table Capacity approximately 15,000
- Magnetic Table size of 36” (914mm) x 240” (6096mm)
- 250 HP Spindle
- Segmented chuck size of 42” (1066mm)
- Purchased by Kinetic primarily for tool steel plate conversion; this is where tool steel warehouses send Kinetic tool steel plate as rolled by the steel mill and the Mattison 400S grinds off the mill scale and sizes the plate as required by the warehouses.
- Watch the world’s largest Mattison 400S go though its paces on its initial run at a rented location. This machine is made to hog off material! As soon as our addition was ready in the summer of 2009 this machine was installed at our Greendale, WI plant.